Freundschaft Noise Band 1992 - 2004
Is no more. This page is the documentation of Stefan Beck.
The last and only freundschaft concert!!!!!!!
Wed., 15.12.2004 - 21:00
Tanzhaus West, Gutleutstr. 294, 60327 Frankfurt am Main
Forum für Experimentalelektronik
Freundschaft was founded in 1992 by Oliver Augst and Marcel Daemgen replacing the older project Das Klima (the climate). Soon Stefan Beck and Mr. Cobra joined the band to perform real hardcore techno-noise.
The main principles of Freundschaft are:
- no rehearsels
- always live; each concert is a unique unrepeatable performance
- no songs; each concert is an at least one hour uninterrupted show
- no convention about the nature of any concert in advance
- no expensive equipment, usage of consumer products, cheap and trash devices
- no samplers; analogue gear as much as possible
- no remote mixing; all sound streams are mixed by Freundschaft onstage
- no stage show; the setting itself is the show
- open concept with guests from different music styles involved
- always as hard and loud as possible
With these ideas Freundschaft evolved as one of the most original and unconventional but also least popular acts within the Frankfurt experimental music scene.
Concerts are rare and seldom events.
Nevertheless Freundschaft thus received attention from the outside.
Highlights were a concert at the famous Knitting Factory, New York, in 1993, at the infamous Berlin underground club Ihr Friseur (now closed) in 1994 and at the renowned concert hall Fylkingen in Stockholm in 1998.
The members of Freundschaft are:
Oliver Augststage designer and composer
- voice, mix, drum programms
Stefan Beckmedia artist
- voice, mix, tapes, turntables
Marcel Daemgenkeyboarder and composer
- keyboards, tapes
Mr. Cobratechno producer
Freundschaft 91(CD, Frog Records)
ShuffleMusic for compact disk, 1993, (CD, Frog Records)
- The first compact disk created for the shuffle mode of a CD player. 99 tracks with seconds-long music pieces. 99! possible combinations with shuffle mode in operation. You will never hear the same line twice. Always a unique piece of music! Listen.
CD-Rsfrom recent concerts. Use contact to get more information.
In chronological order:
Artrock FestivalOstpark, Frankfurt, 1992
Knitting FactoryNew York, 1993
Freundschaftwoche 94Frankfurt, 1994
Seven concerts on seven days in one week at seven clubs
Theater an der GoethestraßeOffenbach, 30.1.1994
Der blinde KönigFrankfurt, 2.2.1994
Isenburger SchloßOffenbach, 4.2.1994
Ihr FriseurBerlin, 1994
FIM FestivalFrankfurt, 1995
Gutleut 15Frankfurt, 1997
Live at RadioXFrankfurt. Monthly transmissions from the local public radio, since 1997
FylkingenStockholm. >Nature is perverse< Festival. 11/1998
Schirn Kunsthalle>Autocompressed<, 7/1999
Tanzhaus WestFrankfurt, 12/2004
Freundschaft Japan tour.
We appreciate Japan as country with long and deep interest in hardcore music. We therefore would like to come to Japan as soon as possible.
We're still looking for places to play at. Any interest is wellcome. Please refer to the contact section.
An overwiew of Frankfurt based noise artists, records and mp3 files
The music section (noise) of Frankfurt artspace multi.trudi
The Thing Frankfurt
Art server for underground, non-gallery based discourse art. Member of international The Thing Network
Homepage of Stefan Beck, media-artist and member of Freundschaft